Thursday, May 2, 2019

EOTO presentations

While I thought that the information in my groups presentation was the most shocking, the others groups were also very informative. The presentation that I found the most interesting and informative, was the one on theories. Over-all theories are always very interesting to learn about because they effect everyone, but a lot of the time effects everyone differently. Of all the ones they presented, the Illusory Truth Effect was the most interesting to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=216HCZO-uiE

After listening to the presentation, I wanted to learn more, so I watched this video. What makes this theory so interesting to me is that I can see the impact it has in my life. When you hear something over and over, you really do begin to think it is true. This theory is how rumors are started which is really interesting to me. I see how this effects communications patterns, because this is how "false news" gets spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Thoughts....

My favorite blog post of the year was definitely about my online footprint. It was the first time I looked back on how technology has change...