Saturday, May 4, 2019

Ted Talks

Each of these videos makes you think. While it was alarming to hear about increasing location tracking, and phone surveillance, what impacted me the most, was the idea of an online tattoo.

While some people will tell you its not true, people my age think that when you delete something online it goes away, but it doesn't. Even if you cannot see it anymore, anything you put online is still there.

The TED talk was very right, what you put on the internet os out there forever, it is permanent, just like a tattoo. It really makes me wonder what my internet tattoo would look like. To take the idea a little further, I wonder if my online tattoo is a good one or a bad one. Is it appropriate? Is it messed up? Do I need to fix it?

These are all things that these TED talks have made me consider. It's scary that we don't all know and understand the internet and new technology. How we're being watched, and tracked, and listened to. If there anything I've learned in this class one of the most important would be to watch my online prescience carefully.

Image result for online footprint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Thoughts....

My favorite blog post of the year was definitely about my online footprint. It was the first time I looked back on how technology has change...